Soldiers of the Farndon War Memorial
Private William Edge
William Edge was the son of John and Mary Edge, of Bridge House, Farndon, Chester
Bridge House is on the far left (now demolished)
8th (Service) Battalion South Lancashire Regiment
Formed at Warrington in September 1914 as part of K3 and moved to Codford, attached to 75th Brigade in 25th Division. Moved to billets in Bournemouth in November 1914. Moved to Wokingham in May 1915 and on to Aldershot in June.
Landed in France on 28 September 1915.
The body of William Edge was never found and he is commemorated on the Menin Gate, Ypres, Belgium (panel 37).
The Panel bearing his name was photographed by myself on a visit during March 2009.
Map of the Salient around Ypres (Ieper). Menin Gate is maked in the town.
Return to War Memorial main page
Visit the Royden History Index Page listing web sites designed and maintained by Mike Royden
No pages may be reproduced without permission
copyright Mike Royden
All rights reserved