Halewood Local History Pages

Halewood Photographic Archive



Halewood Photographic Archive

Back to Village Page

Baileys Lane c1905

Baileys Lane c.1905

Bridgefield gate from Cartbridge Lane

Bridgefield gate from Cartbridge Lane

Bridgefield (now demolished)

Bridgefield (now demolished)

Higher Road - Garage & shop near the Leathers Lane junction

Higher Road - Garage & shop
near the Leathers Lane junction

Church Road Corner c1905

Church Road Corner c1905

Church Road c1905

Church Road c1905

Lane Ends 1905

Lane Ends c1905

Church Road c1905

Church Road c1905

Lane Ends c1905

Lane Ends c1905

Lane Ends c1940s

Baileys Lane/
Lane Ends c1940s

Lane Ends c1940s

Rear of Derby Arms 1940s

Lane Ends c1940s

Rear of Derby Arms 1940s

Baileys Lane c1905

Baileys Lane
from old station

Bridgefield gate from Cartbridge Lane

Baileys Lane
from old station

Baileys Lane c1905

Baileys Lane c1905

Derby Arms

Derby Arms 1949

Leathers Cottage c1905

Leathers Cottage 1905

Church School House

Church School House

Fox Hill House

Fox Hill House

Eagle and Child c1940s

Eagle and Child c1940s

Barracks, Lower Rd

The Barracks,
Lower Road

Barracks, Lower Rd

The Barracks,
Lower Road

Barracks, Lower Rd

The Barracks,
Lower Road

St Nicholas Church

St Nicholas Church

cottage_in_halewood 1820

Cottage in Halewood 1820

Brewery Lane

Brewery Lane c.1910
(now Court Avenue)

Post Office c1920

Post Office c1920

Derby Arms

Derby Arms 1949

Post Office c1949

Post Office c1949

Post Office c1949

Post Office c1949

Derby Arms

Derby Arms 1949

Lane Ends c1905

Lane Ends c1905

Halewood Station Baileys Lane

Halewood Station
Baileys Lane

Halewood Station Baileys Lane

Halewood Station
Baileys Lane

Halewood Station Baileys Lane

Halewood Station
Baileys Lane

Lane Ends c1905

Lane Ends c1905



Halewood Photographic Archive

Old Hutt

Banqueting House
Window 1804

Original Hutt Hall c1804

Original Hutt Hall c1804

Old Hutt Gatehouse 1820

Troughton Print of
Gatehouse c1810

N G Phillips print of
Gatehouse 1822

N G Phillips print of
Gatehouse 1822

Later sketch based
on Troughton 1810

Lathom Sketch 1822

Lathom Sketch 1822

Lathom Sketch 1822

Gatehouse Sketch 1885

Rimmers sketch of
courtyard 1852

Hale Hall - replaced Old Hutt
as the Manor House

Gatehouse 1906

Barn - 16/17thc outhouse

original Hall window 1905
J. Waite 1905

original Hall window 1905
J. Waite 1905

original Gothic Arch 1905
J. Waite 1905

original Gothic Arch 1905
J. Waite 1905

Gatehouse view from the south
J. Waite 1905

Gatehouse
J. Waite 1905

Gatehouse
J. Waite 1905

Gatehouse c1910

Gatehouse 1910

Gatehouse
H Mary Milner 1917

Gatehouse 1949

Gatehouse 1949

Gatehouse courtyard c1930s

Gatehouse courtyard
Mrs Lyon

Gatehouse demolition 1960

Gatehouse demolition 1960

Gothic door
demolition 1960

Fireplace
demolition 1960

Fireplace
demolition 1960

Old Hutt Oak Frame

Old Hutt Map 1895
- 25" to 1m

19thc plan based on
tithe and other sources
drawn for 1960
archaeological report

Plan drawn for 1960
archaeological report

Plan drawn for 1960
archaeological report




Halewood Photographic Archive

Villagers

 

Banqueting House
Window 1804
The earliest figures from Halewood?

Beside the Old Hutt Moat 1822

Rev Jabez Jones
First incumbent of St Nicholas
1839-1864

Rev Jabez Jones
First incumbent of St Nicholas
1839-1864

Rev Thomas Chambers
Incumbent of St Nicholas
1864-1888

Rev Charles James Robinson
Incumbent of St Nicholas
1888-1891

Rev Canon H Gibson Smith
Incumbent of St Nicholas
1891-1902

Rev Canon F B Plummer
Incumbent of St Nicholas
1902-1926

Miss Alice Jump
(1860-1939)
Head of St.Nicholas Church School
45 years: 1881-1926

Miss Elizabeth Jump
(1865-1933)
('Miss Lizzie')
Head of Infants School
35 years: 1891-1926

St Nicholas Church School
1890s?

Flower sellers c1920s

Village Blacksmith?
(Hollies Road corner)

RSPCA 'Horses' Rest' 1920s

Families with a long Halewood history:
The Finches and the Wallaces
c1910

Railway workers
c1920

Rev Charles Earnest Proctor
Incumbent of St Nicholas
1926-1931

Rev Ernest White Dicks
Incumbent of St Nicholas
1931-1935

Rev William Loyd Musgrave Protheroe
Incumbent of St Nicholas
1935-1938

Rev Neville Brereton
Incumbent of St Nicholas
1938-1939

Robert Neilson
Churchwarden of St Nicholas
44 years

H Cottingham Neilson
Churchwarden of St Nicholas
(son of Robert Neilson)

Rodolph Neilson
of Halewood Farm
Son of Robert Neilson
Churchwarden of St Nicholas
died 1936

Mrs Lyon
Farmer of Old Hutt

cottage garden 1920s

Village Cottage

Rose Queen 1940s

VE Day Street Party
Mansell Drive 1945

Halewood Methodists Hollies Road c.1960
The webmaster is wearing his
schoolcap, centre back row

St Nicholas Meeting 1970
Len Finch (Churchwarden facing camera, left)

Christian Stewardship 1970
Foxhill House
Canon Rev Owen Eva (7th from left)
John Roby (Head of
Halewood CP School)
(5th from Right)

Harry and Vera Allan




More to come - still in preparation Feb 2008

Back to Village Page



www.roydenhistory.co.uk

Visit the Royden History Index Page listing web sites designed and maintained by Mike Royden
No pages may be reproduced without permission
copyright Mike Royden
All rights reserved