Halewood Local History Pages

St. Nicholas, Halewood Parish Church


St. Nicholas, Halewood Parish Church

Centerary of Halewood Parish Church

by James Eccles

The first 100 years covering 1839 to 1930. Very limited run in 1939, now very rare.
Click here for a pdf version (download reader from link at bottom of this page)




Riding the Changes

by Owen Eva

This booklet celebrating the 150 year anniversary of the church in Halewood in 1989, covers the period 1939-1989. It was written by Canon Owen Eva, vicar of Halewood for 25 years from 1961 to 1986. Copies are available in the church.

Graveyard Survey Project - St Nicholas Parish Church Halewood


Co-ordinated by Pam Beesley

Halewood graveyard has been systematically surveyed and recorded by volunteers co-ordinated by Pam Beesley. This has been a mammoth task and reflects a great deal of hard work. Pam has also produced a guide leaflet (available in the church) and booklet which highlights many of the intruiging internments, such as Sir Thomas Brocklebank (of the Cunard-Brocklebank shipping line) and John Hays Wilson of Lee Park Hall. (Pam has also written articles about the church and the William Morris windows). Click here for the graveyard project - Pam continues to research into the background of some of the Halewood folk interred during the 19th century.


St Nicholas, Halewood Parish Church - A Short History


by Pam Beesley


A short account by local resident and researcher Pam Beesley.


The William Morris Windows


by Tommy Beesley


A short illustrated note on the William Morris windows, very rare examples of his work contained in St Nicholas Church.


A History of the William Morris Windows

by Pam Beesley


A short history of the windows and the William Morris link by local researcher and writer Pam Beesley.



www.roydenhistory.co.uk

Visit the Royden History Index Page listing web sites designed and maintained by Mike Royden
No pages may be reproduced without permission
copyright Mike Royden
All rights reserved